The well-being of our guests and associates is of paramount importance.
We are constantly monitoring the Wayne County Health Department, Ohio Department of Health, ServSafe—National Restaurant Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization for their statements regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, and we are following their guidelines.
Our Commitment to Cancelation:
In response to changing marketplace conditions, the Wooster Campus Conference Center is committed to ensuring that our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times. Groups will be provided with the flexibility to reschedule booked events for a future date, or they can cancel as conditions warrant.
Our Commitment to Food and Beverage Service:
Seamless service is our standard. Due to food supply chain demands, we might not be able to deliver all menu items as listed. Substitutions will be discussed with you as they are brought to us by our partners. We have increased our boxed meal offerings to ensure the safest possible food with the least amount of handling. We will currently be offering only disposable serviceware. For any buffet, we will require staff to serve food to guests, for limited touchpoints. Until this crisis is over, we are strongly recommending boxed meal service to limit touchpoints.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
At the Wooster Campus Conference Center, we have always taken standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We are monitoring daily to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses including COVID-19. These measures include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to enhanced cleaning procedures for our meeting rooms and common areas. Here are the specific steps that we are taking.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our venues use cleaning products and protocols that are effective against viruses including SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, and other commonly transmitted viruses.
- Meeting Rooms: Each room will be stocked with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, and will be sold only once each day. Disinfecting protocols are in place to clean each room after each meeting, with specific attention paid to high-touch areas.
- Public Spaces: The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces has increased to a minimum of four times a day and up to every hour, with a focus on the counter at the registration/welcome desk, door handles, and public restrooms.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning, and we are focusing on high-touch areas and staff offices.
- Cleaning Products Used: We use CiNTAS Heavy Duty Washroom Cleaner and Disinfectant as well as Signet Neutral Disinfectant in our daily cleaning. These products are EPA-approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, and other commonly transmitted viruses.