Events During the Pandemic:
All events and gatherings must follow state, local and university protocols to protect all involved. These protocols include wearing masks, managing physical distancing and tracking attendance to support contact tracing if needed. Note that all guidance is subject to change based on health guidance.
The well-being of our guests and associates is of paramount importance:
We are constantly monitoring the Wayne County Health Department, Ohio Department of Health, ServSafe—National Restaurant Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization for their statements regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, and we are following their guidelines. At times The Ohio State University may have additional restrictions that allow us to focus on our educational mission.
Our Commitment to Cancellation and Flexibility:
In response to changing marketplace conditions, the Wooster Campus Conference Center is committed to ensuring that our customers experience flexibility. Groups will be provided with the flexibility to reschedule booked events for a future date, or they can cancel as conditions warrant. The Ohio State University may cancel events due to changing conditions.
Our Commitment to Food and Beverage Service:
Seamless service is our standard. Boxed meals are encouraged at this time. We have increased our boxed meal offerings to ensure the safest possible food with the least amount of handling. We will currently be offering only disposable service ware. For any buffet, we will require gloved staff to serve food to guests, for limited touchpoints. We strongly recommending boxed meal service to limit touchpoints. All guests must remain seated while eating and drinking.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
At the Wooster Campus Conference Center, we have always taken standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We are monitoring daily to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses including COVID-19. These measures include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to enhanced cleaning procedures for our meeting rooms and common areas. Here are the specific steps that we are taking.
- Hand Hygiene: Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at the center in each room and in public spaces. Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our venues use cleaning products and protocols that are effective against viruses including SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, and other commonly transmitted viruses. In addition, we are using a daily sanitization process with an electrostatic sprayer.
- Meeting Rooms: Each room will be stocked with sanitizing supplies. Disinfecting protocols are in place to clean each room after each meeting, with specific attention paid to high-touch areas.
- Public Spaces: The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces is dependent on the number of guess in each location. Our focus will be on your location, registration/welcome desk, door handles, and public restrooms.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning, and we are focusing on high-touch areas and staff offices.
- Cleaning Products Used: We use CiNTAS Heavy Duty Washroom Cleaner and Disinfectant as well as Signet Neutral Disinfectant in our daily cleaning. These products are EPA-approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, and other commonly transmitted viruses.
- Air Filtration: Our facility currently uses MERV 13 filtration for the health and safety of our guests.